Bricasti M3 In the house

Just got a Bricasti M3 with the Ethernet renderer module. Looking forward to breaking this piece in. First impressions are: it’s a winner. I am curious what ways folks who have this DAC (or other Bricasti models) run it; over ethernet or USB? I will report my findings as the days tick by; Right now it’s cooking on ethernet out of my InnuOs Zenith MKIII into an ether-regen into the M3;
Thanks!
Dave
128x128dpac996
I’m the opposite. For critical listening / going ‘all in’ listing to a live performance, is when I use mine straight to amp. And use my preamp when that extra fullness and soundstage size is wanted over the less colored and more detailed presentation. 

Enjoying the M3 w/network card .  Will the Melco n100 push DSD local files over the network to the Bricasti ? Trying yo avoid USB. Any other suggestions around the +- 2k figure.

Just upgraded my speaker cabling to Townshend Fractal F1. The Bricasti sounds like a whole new player. Also went from single ended Cerious Matrix to Iconoclast  top of the line XLR for a nice bump.

Really excited to hear DSD files. Best I can do is send them DoP from an Oppo 103 thru SPDIF. Not exactly ideal.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Russ

The Bricasti M3 is in my budget but I will use the the DAC with a transport for playing CD's only.  No streaming!  Just CD play back.   Are there any other Dacs in the $5k - $6k range I should be looking at?  Yes I will contact Mike when I am ready.

I just bought a Bricasti M3 (with MDX) and Network card.  

One other thing I’d like to better understand - 

I have a lot of DSD64 files and many more of various formatted PCM files.  As I understand a little that the Bricasti has seperate chips to handle PCM and DSD I’m confused about setup

I noticed I could change between NDSD DSD and NDSD PCM… do you have any insight?  when I switch during a song I dont hear any difference.  On a few songs the PCM playing a 16bit / 44khz file it sounded much brighter than my previous Streamer DAC that I upgraded from.  

It same with 1.08 firmware... is it worth the $100 to upgrade?

@garynospamm, please call Bricasti customer support and ask these questions. Please ask them to explain the upgrade options.