Are Tube Buffers for real or even worth it ?

Currently on one of my set ups I’m running a Carver TFM-35X amp through a Parasound ZPre3 Preamp to some Maggi .7’s.  Being I really prefer a tube sound I was wondering if I picked up a Tube Buffer for a few bucks and ran it from the output of the Parasound preamp to the input of the Carver TFF-35x amp would it tame the carver’s output to more of a warmer tube type sound out of the Maggi’s? Has anyone tried anything like this and been happy with the results? 

The Amp is a beast but just a tad Solid State sounding for my taste but kicks butt none the less. 

Any thoughts? 

128x128flasd

I personally like the Ifi tube buffer II and you want to try a tube buffer I recommend that you do your own research and decide the amount you want spend and dive in.

@stereo_gen 

👍🏼 Folks shouldn’t ‘poo poo’ tube buffers until they actually hear the iFi Micro Tube2 and understand it’s capabilities. It’s an incredible little piece of equipment that can transform your rig, if that is what you are looking for. It’s also very well engineered and does not integrate distortion, it’s really quiet actually. But again, it isn’t cheap vs the crappy ones out there. 

It did it’s job for me quite well until upgrading my preamp by a significant amount. Could I still have it in the chain? Sure, but isn’t really necessary now, for me.

How about the Black Ice FOZ SSX? That’s a tube buffer ++ and it seems that lots of people appreciate it.