How best to eliminate LP warps

I own about 2500 LPs, and I like to think they're flat.  Furthermore, I espoused the view that warped LPs ought to be discarded.  But lately I have found 2 or 3 of my LPs that do have warps but sound too good and are too precious for the music recorded on them to throw away.  So I am in the market for ideas on how to remove warps.  I am aware that there was a device on the market that looked like a large waffle maker, to be used for warp removal.  I think Furutech made it, but I never see it advertised these days.  I am also aware of the DIY method of placing an LP between two glass plates and heating the ensemble.  The question there would be how hot and for how long?  Any suggestions are welcome, especially opinions on the efficacy of the Furutech.  Thanks.  Please no comments on vacuum hold down; I think it's a great idea but none of my five turntables has that feature.

lewm

audioguy, I disagree that the method you mention works well, certainly not for both sides of the same LP, because warps in one direction that may be ameliorated would not be affected as much or at all, when you flip the LP. I do have a SOTA reflex clamp, so I could give it a try for at least some of my warped LPs.

I just found the Orb too.  Much less expensive than the Furutech, but still not exactly cheap.  Anyway, that seems to be the best device currently available.

@lewm

I’ve looked into this, as I recently acquired alot of vinyl. Unfortunately, I’ve found that some of the Mint LP’s that I’ve bought tend to be warped, as they’ve never been opened in 60 years, but just lying around diagonally on someone’s shelf.
There are two real options at reasonable prices: I think the best would be the Orb DF-01A for about $1,200, but they’re only for sale in Japan, and only at 100V. So, I purchased a Vinyl Flat and Groovy Pouch combination for about $300. It took me quite a while to determine the best time and temperature settings for the Groovy Pouch (which is just an electric blanket with velcro that you wrap around the Vinyl Flat discs). They recommend the low settings for up to 9 hours, but I’ve found that the only thing that’s really worked for my warped LP’s is the high heat setting for 4 hours. . . From what I’ve heard, there’s been no discernable damage to the LP..

As @petg60 and @drbond just said, The Vinyl Flat Record Flattener, $159.95 direct from Vinyl Flat. Accessory heating bag The Groovy Pouch $89.95. Both @slaw and I (and Mike Fremer, etc.) have found it to work very well.

Mild/"slow" warps can sometimes be eliminated by the use of a good reflex clamp, standard on the old VPI’s (1/4-20 threading). It’s best if the top of the spindle is threaded, and of course the clamp itself. BDR made a couple of great ones, one a 1-pc. the other a 2-pc. I believe there is a 2-pc. on USAM right now, priced at $150.

My brain is getting foggy but I'm ninety percent sure I once had a vacuum hold-down platter for my SOTA turntable. In any case, when it ceased to work and the thing's center bearing got noisy, I shipped the 'table to SOTA HQ and had them install a new standard platter. In any case, the hold-down did eliminate everything but severe edge warps.

edcyn baby, No vacuum hold down for me, on any of my 5 turntables. Once upon a time I did own a Star Sapphire Series III with vacuum, but no longer.

I had completely forgotten about the Vinyl Flat options, probably because warps were such a rare problem for me. Thanks for that. So far that and the Orb seem the best ways to go.

As to the Orb, they are available from a US Company; see Mijostyn’s post. 100V is no problem; just get a 120V to 100V stepdown transformer. They are cheap. I already own two of them, one for my Denon DP80 and one for my Kenwood L07D.