Need Recommendations for a pair of Speakers around $1,000

Hey All !

Ok, so with wife is good with spending about $1K on a pair of speakers.

I'm not sure of the preamp yet but the amp will most likely be an Adcom GFA-545 not the 545II.

I now have an older pair of Dayton Wright LCM-1's which are more suited to a smaller room.

The new speakers will be in the living room connected to the Adcom and also a signal fed from the TV but I don't want a multi-speaker system. Stereo is fine and if they sound good to me with music the wife will be happy with the TV sound. She just wants them to look good and not have a lot of wires hanging around. We'll be listening to vinyl, CD's, Lossless, FM and possibly music fed through Apple or AT&T fiber optic TV setup.

The living room is 19' w X  29' d with a 12' ceiling, hardwood oak flooring and 4 - 6' tall windows on one wall. The other side wall is open to a long entrance way and 2/3 of the far side is open to the kitchen are.

I thought about a used pair of Klipsch Hersey's but I keep reading comments that they are too outdated compared to advances in audio over the last few decades.

So for around $1K what are some good choices. I'm OK with used.

Thank you !

gorquin

Tekton Lore is the best I have heard by far at around $1000. They replaced the Lii Audio 15 inch open baffles and for me it was a big upgrade. 

Audio Advisor is currently clearing out the last generation of Monitor Audio's Silver Series. There's a couple options at or near your budget. I owned the previous generation and auditioned this gen when purchasing from the Gold Line in an A/B setting last year. Monitor Audio's are just some of the best speakers for rock I've ever heard. Bold sound, great detail, forgiving of bad recordings without coming off as dull. I havent heard anything in the 1k-2k range that i like half as much as the MA Silvers.