Help selecting Pioneer Elite used receiver

I am looking for used decent surround receiver under $400 (CAD). Following items available used craigslist Canada. Is there a way to understand how the Pioneer Elite VSX series are named based on high-end or low-end? Would any one of experts be able to help pick out any one or two AV receivers from the list below that is outstanding and awesome from this list below?

VSX-94TXH - $375 (CAD)

VSX-01TXH - $300 (CAD)

VSX-09TX - $250 (CAD)

VSX-80TXV - $250 (CAD)

VSX-56TXI - $250 (CAD)

VSX-07TX - $175 (CAD)

VSX-52TX - $120 (CAD)

VSX-51 (year 1991 model) - $110 (CAD)

Thanks in advance for your advise.

nebulae

At these prices, You might consider buying two of a model that seems most reliable.

One now, keep your eye out for another at a great price

I bought a Yamaha Receiver, CR-1040. Enough power for my needs, and less $ than the top of the line CR-2040. Turns out there is a relay in the CR-1040 that is potential trouble, and cannot be found separately.

So, I was going to run both my garage and shop speakers together. I do that at conservative volumes, or one or the other when louder, just to avoid pushing it hard, the problem I COULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT if I had done better research. I also left more breathing space than I might have.

That problem does not exist in the CR-2040 evidently.

fwiw i've used the 80txv in my bedroom for over 12 years--it still works flawlessly and sounds surprisingly good, with more power than you'd expect. $250 does seem pricey for it but it's a good piece. of the others, i think the 94txh was their totl model around 2008 or so--i always thought the pioneer elite ht stuff was a notch above the competition.

@nebulae ,

There are quite a few of the Pioneer Elite series showing up on EBay as refurbished, so at least someone thinks they are still repairable.

Given the constraints or your question and the relatively low cost of any of your choices, I suggest you go for the newest version of the TXH series that you can afford.  These were known for reasonably good SQ in their price range and a long (though now a bit outdated) features list.  Your cost risks ( initial and depreciation) are low and the unit may end up lasting longer than you expect.

From what I can tell the 80TXV is the latest and the 56TXI originally the most expensive. You won't be able to get them repaired unless you have a nearby hobbyist and it's something simple like a parts exchange, but all these are likely to be and stay in good order for a long time. Pioneer receivers sound good and are reliable but at some point they really began gimping the EQ; also not sure many of these will have separate speaker crossover points.

You could go through manuals.lib to compare their specs, focusing on DACs, transformers, etc. If it turns out you do require newer feature sets I'd recommend a current brand new Sony with Atmos 7.2 at about the same cost. Otherwise there's also canuckaudiomart.com for more choices.