Wow....just look at this guy's car audio.....

https://youtu.be/dhIfzq1raqo

Take a look at this South Korean dude’s car. He says he is a photographer and most likely spend a lot of time in his van/car. Has Aqua Formula R2R and LinQ Roon system hooked up to a vacuum preamp. Took midrange dome from old Dynaudio speakers and has ipads installed on the dashboard. Uses wires from Accuton and I see some Mundorf caps as well. If I were him, I’d put more effort on organizing things, but nevertheless its quite a passion for audio.

yggy1

Usually it's all about an extreme buttload of subwoofer overkill. This guy's all about components and gadgets. 

I would like to sit in that van with my reference mobile audio competition disks and take a good listen. It is possible it images well including height, depth, width, etc...but there are much easier ways to achieve those things as I have done it, in several installs and I learned from the best of the best. I am an expert on sound deadening a vehicle, helped tens of thousands achieve their goals including coaching numerous champions and spend hundreds of hours doing everything I could on just one of my top installs. You simply cannot reduce road and wind noise enough to fully enjoy the system while driving unless cranked up do a dangerous level(hearing damage and situational awareness). Not in a van particularly, if you started with the quietest vehicles ever made it would help a huge amount but they are also very $$$$$. Parked for audio competition events, SQ is all I ever cared about, you can create the silence you need and a mind blowing experience that few have ever heard, including in most high end home systems. It takes a huge amount of effort and knowledge to do this but no where near the cost he has invested. I have had $30k into an install, starting with a very good transport then into a great R2R DAC.....plus 1,000+ hours of labor...Since then, more than 20 years later, I would not put more than a few thousand of carefully spend dollars into a system and still achieve incredible results, as long as parked or cranking it up when driving(on occasion)

Obviously they guy is having fun so I applaud him for doing so, just could be far less expensive, a whole lot more organized, still have use of the van as a van...

Rick

Wonder what would happen if he got rear ended in a crash. I wouldn’t want to be there!!! Joke!!!!

I would rather be rear ended than have a hard front hit and all that stuff flying forward into me, or anyone else in front of it. I have built SQ audio comp systems, street/track cars, full race cars, street/race/audio comp cars....and always made sure it was safe as I could make it.