Linlai E 6sn7 tubes

I just placed an order for a pair of these for my Aric Audio Motherlode II.  I’ve been chatting with a fellow that runs the E 6sn7 in his Don Sachs pre. He loves them, He says they make his NOS tubes sound thin and lifeless.  
    It will be a couple weeks until I receive them,and I was curious if anyone out in Agon land has tried these,and what are your impressions?   
Thanks in advance,

Ray

128x128rocray

My owner's manual for my Sachs states 5852 is an approved tube, just to let the pre warm up first. But after just 20 minutes the tube started flaking out so I powered down immediately and will send it back to the Tubedepot with free return shipping.

I did try a different 6X5 Raytheon I just purchased elsewhere tonight and it works fine. Just bad luck I guess.

If I'm not mistaken, the Bendix draws 1.2 amps and a 6x5 draws 0.6 amps. 

@invalid , if that's off the top of your head, that's awesome. I was going to look it up. You are correct or very close to it. Bendix is not a drop-in replacement as dealers are saying. I forget where I saw the thread about Bendix. I'm lucky I didn't buy one for my Audio Note but the price is so high now. 

Audio Circle:

NOTE: The Bendix 5852 is not a drop in replacement for a standard 6X5GT as it draws 1.2 amps versus .6 amps.

This reminds me of years back when dealers were saying that the nos cv181 was a drop in replacement for the 6sn7 tube even though it draws 50% more heater current.