Spendor D9.2 Run In

Just got new Spendor D9.2's, primarily because of the well regarded midrange, and wanted to know how long the run-in will take based on experience.  I generally don't play them loud, but when I do they seem to blare.  A bit concerning.  Also when played at moderate levels the mids sound tuned high.  What is the deal?  Thanks

alphonsodamato

I have McIntosh components: C2700, MC275.  I felt sure they would act to mellow the sound.

Congratulations on your purchase. I have not heard them… most speakers at least a hundred hours. Typically most speakers are trebly and have wooly or flabby bass… don’t panic.

Nothing worse than mixed feelings about a new purchase. 

If you put some photos of your system under your user ID we might be able to identify some other possible factors.

That's normal.  It takes awhile for everything to break in and settle down. I've got three D series with LPZ tweeter.  Absolutely amazing when broken in, but give it a couple hundred hours (no kidding).  They sound bright when new but neutral and glorious in the end.  Different sound from traditional Spendor, the D series is

When I have my ear right up on the speaker, the brashness seems to be coming from the midrange and not the LPZ tweeter.  The speakers do throw the mids and highs forward, which I like - especially the tweeter.  I can hear it at a distance.  What I find odd is voices seem to be higher in pitch than I am accustomed too, and that's the midrange.  I am hearing detail I never heard before, which startles sometimes.  But it's the pitch, and at higher volumes especially, brashness or tinnyness, that is a bit unnerving.  I will try to be patient.