Almost equality

Through much trial and error, and with help from this forum, I’ve finally got a digital system that compares to my analog setup.  I never thought it possible, and I know there are those who say it’s impossible. And, of course, I’m comparing my unique systems to each other. YMMV.

My digital setup includes a Cambridge streamer  with Qobuz and Idagio, a Cyrus transport and a Benchmark DAC . This all feeds into a re-capped vintage Conrad Johnson preamp (PV 11) and a Benchmark amplifier. 
‘The analogue setup includes a heavily modified Rega RP3 turntable with two power units, and Clearaudio Virtuoso cartridge.

I’m really happy with the sound of both digital and analog for the first time, with analog having the slight edge.

128x128rvpiano

Congratulations on finding happiness 😃

I’ve gone digital, but still don’t really stream music yet, like you I have a couple thousand CD’s that I still enjoy listening to. Maybe someday 😆

All the best.

JD

curiousjim,

Thank you.

You’ll  find streaming to be a whole new world of enjoyment.

I wanted be nice, but I second about the benchmark dac, it is a POS imo, like listening to somebody scratching a chalk board. 
If you like the benchmark, you will really like the sound of a quality dac

@p05129 

I agree with you on benchmark DAC’s but OP is also using a Benchmark amp, maybe there is a ‘synergy’ in grand scheme of things :-) 

The Benchmark DAC is anything but harsh. Both the Benchmark DAC and amp are extremely tonally accurate.  Coupled with a tubed Conrad-Johnson preamp the sound is very sweet yet finely detailed. 
As a classical musician, I know what real music sounds like, and that’s what I’m hearing with my set.

More to discover