Streamer on Office WiFi?

So I recently went about setting up a modest streaming system for my office at a large research university and have run into a problem I didn’t anticipate in the least. I’m curious if anyone might have any suggestions as to a workaround.

I bought an Audiolab 6000N to use, only to discover that while it supports WPA2, I can’t get onto my work’s WiFi because it apparently doesn’t support WPA2 enterprise requirements. I have tried everything I can think of to work around this: I tried using the guest network, I tried using a mini router to deliver the office ethernet to the steamer (my work’s IT won’t register the mini router to the network), I tried bringing ethernet directly to the streamer (IT won’t register the streamer either).

Is there anything I might be able to do here to get this streamer hooked up to the WiFi despite the WPA2 Enterprise issue?

It’s not the end of the world if not, I can run my MacBook Pro to an outboard DAC if I have to, but I did buy this streamer just for this application, which is frustrating!

Thanks in advance!

zm

@zm, the only thing you gain by installing Kodi on the MacBook would be the ability to control playback and stream from a phone or tablet. If you're going to be at your computer anyway, then there's no need for Kodi.

I agree about the IT security issues.  Given the ransomware/malware issues out there, if I was an IT guy I would never countenance letting anyone use a streamer.

If the Audiolab has a usb slot try playing music from a flash drive or hard drive if you can do by bypassing the internet.  Otherwise use a CD player.

This day and age , at  my company , bringing up a personal device on a corporate  network is a huge no.  Even plugging in a USB device to a laptop is grounds for disciplinary action.   Threat vectors abound.