Esoteric X-01 D2

Folks,
Hoping for some more information on this player in terms of strengths, weaknesses, likes or dislikes. Of course, associated equipment would be appreciated with those preferences.

Have great day all,
Peter
mariasplunge
I have to agree that for some reason the Esoteric sounds great with tube preamps. I think I read somewhere that Teac uses ARC Ref 3 pres at shows when demonstrating their Esoteric cdps.

Huntermusic, I auditioned the BAT 52se when it first came out months ago. I think the BAT is a great piece. It has a lot of authority and dynamics normally found in ss gear. Any thoughts of upgrading to the REX?
Talking about the musical....
I replaced my Burmester 001 with an Ayre C-5xe then EMM two boxes SE ,finally the Esoteric X-01D2 + G-0RB.

X-01D2 alone is a very super high-end digital player, however when combined with G-0RB they become much more like
a well tunning Analog system.The search is over at least in the near future.
VSFANG

Thats good to know. I wondered how much that clock bit did to the sound. Could you describe what you are hearing over the single D2. I would be interested.

Thanks everyone for the great responses. Seems like the D2 owners are enjoying themselves.

Tommy, how bout you. Going to make the leap and join the club?
Rhyno,
Is this a finished review or an ongoing review. If finished could you direct me to the read. You are right, it would most interesting. Funny but I choose the D2 over the EMM single box largely because of build quality.

Thanks for your time,
Peter
Peter, LOL. Man the last thing I need is another audiophile buddy urging me to upgrade. Believe me it does not take much for me to upgrade (as everyone can see by my threads here!). Seriously, I definitely want to upgrade my cdp. Right now I am considering modding my X-03se, getting the D2 with clock, or getting the P3D3. I did consider waiting for the upcoming P5D5 but my dealer friend says it has an inferior transport and DACS. Personally I think the transport is the most important part of a cdp which is why I think Esoterics are the best to my ears.

Anyway, I want to upgrade badly. No one likes to throw money at audio gear more than I do. I just need to figure out what route to take. Any suggestions?