Streamer on Office WiFi?

So I recently went about setting up a modest streaming system for my office at a large research university and have run into a problem I didn’t anticipate in the least. I’m curious if anyone might have any suggestions as to a workaround.

I bought an Audiolab 6000N to use, only to discover that while it supports WPA2, I can’t get onto my work’s WiFi because it apparently doesn’t support WPA2 enterprise requirements. I have tried everything I can think of to work around this: I tried using the guest network, I tried using a mini router to deliver the office ethernet to the steamer (my work’s IT won’t register the mini router to the network), I tried bringing ethernet directly to the streamer (IT won’t register the streamer either).

Is there anything I might be able to do here to get this streamer hooked up to the WiFi despite the WPA2 Enterprise issue?

It’s not the end of the world if not, I can run my MacBook Pro to an outboard DAC if I have to, but I did buy this streamer just for this application, which is frustrating!

Thanks in advance!

zm

Just get a repeater for <$50. And you get the benefit of going wired from it.

Thanks for the response! But I think I would have the same problem getting that device on the network.... and I’m not even sure there are any repeaters compatible with WPA2-EAP, at least none that I can find. It would have to connect to the WPA2-EAP network then transmit a new SSID with the WPA2-Personal protocol.

Do you know of a particular model compatible with WPA2-EAP?

Thanks!

@fuzztone 

I completely agree if it was at home. But the workplace is different. I have been in charge of IT as Director for decades. 

I would just call your IT guys. Enterprise security is different than home stuff. They tend to be really helpful 

Not sure if this is your use case, but if you intend to stream from your phone, the MacBook can easily be a UPnP renderer - basically doing what you bought the Audiolab for. I use Kodi with a Mac mini and I can stream from my Android phone to it using BubbleUPnP.