Buying New TV Need A Soundbar Recommendation

My other half wants a straightforward system to use and doesn't want a ton of electronics and speakers scattered about the room. We are buying a new TV and have decided on the 65" LG G1 OLED. I need a sound bar that will give me acceptable audio, be relatively easy to use, and not cost multi kilobucks. Probably go up to $1K for it. Be happier if I was at $500 to $700, but what is another $300 right? Preferably Atmos. 

Anyone have good recommendations? The easy to use is going to be a high selling point to my better half. 

neonknight

That is easy Sennheiser Amebeo. Typically if you are patient you can get it for $1,999. Ok, let me explain. I had my last sound bar for over ten years. With Best Buy you can get 18 months same as cash. You will listen to this every day for years to come. There is noting worse than one that sounds like an iPhone turned up too loud.

The Ambeo is natural sounding with real oomph… so a sub woofer is required. But you can add one. The Ambeo is really the kind of sound bar you can be proud of and enjoy for many years. And only spend $110 / month or $140 / month. Personally a great deal.

Tru Audio.  Prior to me getting my expensive 2-channel system I had a 75 inch tv with a Tru Audio soundbar.  They are custom-sized and made to fit your exact tv.  They have various levels of sound quality.  Check out their website.  Fantastic sound for a sound bar.  

Thanks for all the responses, I appreciate all of them and did not intend to be snippy. I was at work and posting between tasks, so the writing style gets very direct and blunt as I have short blocks of time available. 

The LG recommendation and the associated interfaces available due to being the same brand it tempting. The Sonus bars seem to get pretty positive response, but they are so small I wonder how they accomplish this. A small wireless sub makes sense and will be used. 

I appreciate all the posts, even if I won't be going the way of powered speakers. The soundbar is a big enough intrusion for the wife, as she wants minimal electronics in the family room. Could be because I have a large pair of JBL floorstanders, Velodyne subs, monoblock amplifiers and two turntables in the living room. So I am trying to follow her wishes the best I can and still get the best sound possible given these restraints. 

I have a number of Samsung cheap soundbars, with and without subwoofers. They all work fine and pair to the TV remote very easily. More than good enough. When I run my bigger music system, I'm always getting up because it sounds like a truck is driving by. 

After work I decided to call over to Video Only and see what they sell a 65" LG G1 OLED for. They were having a close out for the upcoming model so I got So I got one for $1699 rather than the $2399 at other places. That works for me. They bundles a Sound bar from Samsung, the HW-Q900A for $599 versus the $1097 I saw at other sites. Paid for it and will pick it up tomorrow. Should be a good purchase for the price kind of buy.