Fed rate increase = lower hifi prices?

Will the recent rate hike meant to slow down the economy result in lower hifi prices?  Seems everything shot up during Covid. Will we now see some relief?

128x128bigtex22

Thought on the Bank of England predicting inflation could reach 10% by the end of the year and that could be coupled with a recession?

With 4-5% inflation without compensatory growth, that would suggest a potential for significant decline of the stock market total asset valuation

That’s just simply not true.  Using a 2022 S&P500 earnings estimate of 230 the current earnings yield is 5.5%, which leaves quite a bit of leeway for rates to rise before putting pressure on stocks (yes, I’ve done the research).  My expectation is after the dust settles we’ll head back down more to the 3% inflation range given our base rate for years has been stuck at less than 2%, but we’ll see.  

@soix

The new member (as of today) making an unatrributed reference to an “economic forecasting service” who happens to predict a worldwide depression 13 years from now seems “suspect”.

In your entire career or experience, has any reputable firm EVER made such a forecast? I don’t recall ever seeing anything like that…even doomsday cults stopped using exact dates.

That’s just simply not true.  Using a 2022 S&P500 earnings estimate of 230 the current earnings yield is 5.5%, which leaves quite a bit of leeway for rates to rise before putting pressure on stocks (yes, I’ve done the research).  My expectation is after the dust settles we’ll head back down more to the 3% inflation range given our base rate for years has been stuck at less than 2%, but we’ll see.  

Please poke as big of holes as you feel is appropriate in anything I say. I won't take it personally. Is that earnings yield not based on growth?  Since you have done the research are you able to share some simple math for discussion?

I do feel you are correct, I can't see 8 years of high inflation. Gov debt will end up debilitating as there will be matching interest rates to help keep inflation down (in theory).