Competitive class D amp suggestions

I have been Class D fun since a few years ago when i bought my first class D amp. I like the concept, in general, and all the attractive features of this class of amplifiers. I tried 4 different ones, currently i  stayed with one of them that i consider to be the best among all four amps. I do enjoy and like it. At the same time,  my 5 watts SET amplifier (with more than 100 times higher distortion according to the specs) gives more natural and (surprisingly) notably cleaner sound (THD of the class D amp is 0.001). The soundstage  of the class D amp is not so bad but that of the tube one is still better.   

I remain attracted by class D amps though. 

Any fresh suggestions on reasonably priced class D amps (i mean excluding  non-reasonably priced class D amps, e.g., Merrill amplifiers)?

Any comments on non-reasonably priced class D amps are also welcome (so far i was not able to audition many class D amps and am curious if there are some which could really compete with Class A). 

128x128niodari

I've known Ralph for a while and have been an Atma-Sphere customer for some time owning an MP-3 preamp and M-60 OTLs. I have had the Class D amps in my system now for about 6 weeks. In the simplest of terms I will say they made the OTLs obsolete. On top of that I have lent them to 2 people and both of them placed an order after their listening comparisons.

I have Bel Canto REF1000 MkIIs and while I think they are a very good Class D amp, I prefer the Atma-Sphere. In my opinion they have all the attributes of a tube amp with the transparency and speed of an OTL, as well as no heat to deal with and they are much more power consumption friendly. In comparison to the LSA, the LSA came off grainy in the upper frequencies, it was clearly heard after listening to the Atma-Sphere amps.

@clio09 , thank you for this post. 

In comparison to the LSA, the LSA came off grainy in the upper frequencies, it was clearly heard after listening to the Atma-Sphere amps.

What you precisely mean with "grainy in upper frequencies", can you be a bit more specific on sonic differences between Atmasphere class d and LSA Voyager amps in different frequency ranges?

@niodari first I will say at it's price point, especially if it was purchased with the introductory discount, the LSA amp is a good value. There is a lot to like about it. However, the upper frequencies did exhibit some distortion, it's overall balance is inconsistent as a result. For example, trumpet would start to sound a bit harsh and grainy, almost aggressive and lacking smoothness in comparison to the Atma-Sphere amps. You can hear this on drum cymbals as well, especially in more complex passages. The violin loses some of it's natural tone. The Atma-Sphere, like a well designed OTL, which Ralph manufactures as well, doesn't exhibit this level of distortion. It is a very smooth and balanced presentation. If you go back and re-read his post above he provides the answer to this very clearly.

@clio09 , clean highs is very important. At the same time, this sale came out now and somehow is motivating me to take this choice. At least, i will know what can be wrong and will see how critical this issue is, thanks again. At this moment, perhaps, i am not still convinced/ready to pay twice more for something that i have never heard. In any case, i have the 5.5 watts SET amp here in my main system. 

@clio09 can you help with another feedback before I take the final decision

do you think that Orchard GaN monoblocks (150 or otherwise 500 watts) can be any better than Voyager ( in particular in terms of the distortion in high frequencies)?  Which of these amps you would choose?