How Electricity Actually Works

In November of last year I posted a Vertasium YT vid titled "The Big Misconception About Electricity".  Well it caused quite a stir and like an arachnid had many legs many of which attempted to draw A'gonrs into the poison fangs!

Well, here is the follow-up to that original vid which caused quite a stir in the "intellectual" community as well.

Vertasium "How Electricity Actually Works".

This does have implications for our audio cabling...

Regards,

barts 

128x128barts

@jea48 

I skimmed it. What were you questioning?

There seems to be a misconception on this site that Electrical Engineers are not exposed to this and think electrons do all the work. I think that has been incorrect for a very long time. We had a lot of interaction between the engineering and physics faculties at my university.  I do know that antennas were a standard course. Perhaps that is not universally true. I don't know how you could study antennas and still have a simplistic view of electricity. I would expect the same after learning electromagnetics.  Perhaps like most of us we file it away as fundamental knowledge but not important in day to day work where simpler models are sufficient?

@clearthink 

You have stated you’re qualifications here on many, multiple, repeated occasions just as you did here.

It is nice that you have so much interest in me that you have read my posts even if you have misstated what I previously said about myself. Someone so concerned about others post should strive for accuracy. I am disappointed.

@jea48 , perhaps you know nothing you try to talk about. what you've posted comes from the same basics of prior educational university text books. Ralph Morrison isn't describing such basics. He is describing what can be done and how, but at the end any Electric Current  within an enclosed and loaded electric circuit is nothing else as ordered (or directed as described by Ralph) motion of electrons. Find more basic college textbooks on Electrical Engineering, basics of Charge and Ohm's law.

electric signal travels through the conductor approximately 5c i.e. 5 speeds of light

I assume you made a typo?

Regarding EE texts, you have reviewed all of them?   I have to expect people making these statements are not themselves students of 4+ year engineering disciplines.  I took a quick search for curriculums and noted virtually all have at least one course in electricity and magnetism that covers electrical and magnetic fields, delves into Maxwell's equations, etc.   Some undergrad have antenna theory though this seems to be more Master's level. It would impossible to take such a course and have a purely electrons view of electricity.

This does have implications for our audio cabling...

I haven't seen anyone explain how...does it have any implication for wireless speakers?