Legacy Audio AERIS: RMAF/listening impressions?

I made a trip to Legacy this past week to hear this speaker in a non-show environment which would also afford more time to listen and hear music that I took with me. I don't see alot in the way of RMAF postings here as yet and would like to hear people's impressions of this speaker as I thought it an amazing speaker with huge potential. I've started a section on my system thread for anyone that wants to add material or please put your thoughts and impressions here. Thanks!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xzephyr24069
Sounds like the processor and dual bass amps upgrade have improved the performance dramatically.
Could you please indicate what other eqipment was used to drive the system?
I am wondering if they are planning amp or other improvements for the XD?
I am currently talking with a dealer on a pair of XD's
Any info appreciated
If memory serves me, the amplification was a stereo amp by Coda. I believe the preamp was also by Coda. The front end was an Oppo blueray player.
;
What finish were the Aeris? The pair I listened to were in black oak, which is nowhere close to the Black Pearl finish on my Focus SE.
My first trip to hear the AERIS after they had just returned from RMAF had the following equipment hooked up to the single amp version of the speaker; Coda Mono Amps, Coda Pre-amp and Oppo95 player with the Xilica XD-4080 processor in use. I had taken a large amount of discs with me to audition. The finish was the one displayed at RMAF with the ostrich leatherette finish which is still pictured as the lead-on for the AERIS annoucement on the website. This pair was sold in the last few weeks. Legacy told me that they have already sold at least 15 pairs that have shipped since RMAF and more are being built to fill current orders.

In this past week when I heard the dual-amp version of AERIS, the following equipment was in use; Coda Stereo Amp, Code Pre-Amp, Ayon CD-07 (I used the USB input to the DAC from my MacBook Pro playing iTunes stored discs ripped with Apple Lossless encoding) and the Xilica XP-4080 processor. The finish was Black Oak.

I inquired about Black Pearl as well; they are working on this however it would be available in the future as this is one finish that they have to send out the speaker cabinet for the high-end finish to be applied. They told me they are working on additional high-end veneer finishes as well.

Nutreez: For the XD, I would ask Bill and Doug if they have anything underway. I would suggest hearing both the Whisper XD and the AERIS before you decide which to purchase.
I am surprised they will have to outsource the Black Pearl finish as I didn't realize they were doing that for the other speakers.

So did you put in your order :)
Yes...will wait until Spring for the BP finish. It is the same as what is on my Focus SE pair; it is high grade piano finish quality...