Axpona 2022

I attended the show yesterday. I did enjoyed it   My favorite room is the Nenuphar,room with silversmith Cables.I think they are using Pass labs or ayre gear sorry I can’t remember..For the first time magico Speakers And synergistic Cables impress me big time..Audiokinesis Plexi box speakers sounds are mimicking the nenuphar basis 26 k. The Piega room with Rose gears is amazing.

128x128jayctoy

Grannyring i agree ,it’s very disappointing many room like the one on the ground floor , the MCIntosh room and B&w room, the Sonus Faber And Boulder, Wilson room both by Quintessence   I will talk to Mike who own quintessence about the loudness of those rooms.I go to his store.

Responding to this earlier comment by jan_mc:

https://forum.audiogon.com/posts/2379944

I thought I would correct the mistake regarding the price.

The Linkwitz LX521 speaker system, the one demoed at the show by me and others, costs just under $20k depending on the finish that you choose. This includes the speakers, cabling, 10 channels of Hypex nCore amplifiers, and an analog active crossover system.

Because the crossover is an active analog one, the only input option is balanced analog signal. The system takes care of everything that is needed after your preamp or DAC (any volume controlled source will work). It’s a turn-key system, that is you just connect everything and play. Takes 10 minutes to set up. For the price you are actually getting quite a lot of high performance gear.

-Charlie

Glad to read so much love for the AGD room.  I was lucky to buy the Vivace amps and the Ocean Way Eureka studio monitors in February 2020 at the Tampa show...I wish Covid never happened but we did have an amazing system to watch too many movies, listen to too many songs, albums, etc.  Not one ounce or cent of regret.  Also got lucky that the AGD founder was able to bring the gear to my house, we A/B tested with my Rotel amp & KEF Reference 1. It was an easy decision for the AGDs.  Then we had an awesome Italian meal at a local restaurant.  audition__audio grannyring  jetter  kingbarbuda

I bought the demo chrome AGD Audion Mk2 amps from Alberto at AXPONA. After a little post AXPONA delay I hooked them up to my system tonight. I immediately noticed a very obvious expansion in the width of the soundstage as compared to my other amps and integrateds. I even got up twice out of my listening position to check to make sure everything was ok with my Magico A3s and my pair of RELs! It was a wow moment. I am still evaluating all the other characteristics in my system. But so far I am even more impressed with the AGD Audion Mk2s in my system as compared to in the AGD room at AXPONA.

The new KRELL KSA-400i amp has me very interested about spending more than I can afford. I have the KRELL Duo 175XD (love them). These new amps are supposed to be the next level up from my amp.