Stylus Cleaning Rituals

Did a search on the subject, nothing found.
So, please, briefly describe your Stylist / Needle Cleaning Rituals.
How often (in hours played?)
Procedure used.
Products used.

For me over the years (~45 and counting) I use Disc Doctor Stylus Cleaner on a Disc Doctor 'Pad' and pull it across the diamond outward (only one direction).  As it 'sees' the record when playing. 
I follow up with two 'placements' on a Zerodust Onzow 'gel type convex pad'  I clean it ~6 months with hot water, there is spots of gunk on the clear gel pad!
About once every 5-6 hours of play.

Seems to be doing the trick, but you never know if your are missing something critical or doing untold damage.

Thanks!
quincy

I've been using the Flux Hifi Ultrasonic stylus cleaner for about a year now, with a Hana ML & a AT 150 mlx, with no problems to the units. Every 2nd or 3rd LP for me.

For years I've been using a handsome, elegant nine volt powered device called simply "Professional Electronic Stylus Cleaner" but when I google the name I come up empty. In any case, you guys have gotten me paranoid. It never seemed to harm my Grado or my Lyra Delos but should I shun using it on my new Hana ML?

I use 3 different approaches:

1. anti-static stylus brush. I use this most frequently and is good to remove a gob of glop that is interfering with playback

After every 7 records or so:

2. Sandpaper: not real sandpaper, but emory paper designed for cleaning stylii;

3. Silly putty. I pull off a small hunk and gently press it up to the stylus 2-3 times. Being careful to just blot the stylus with it; don’t get it on the cantilever. Gets the glop off.

I do either the silly putty or the sandpaper every 7 records or so, not both

I use a thin sliver of Magic Eraser and just barely touch the stylus before each side.

15 years on and no problems.  The stylus is spotless . I also US clean all albums I play and brush each side off  before playing

I sent a cartridge in to one of the rebuilders to have a look at it after a couple years of using it because I had bought it used and had untold hours on it. So figured it was time.

He said the stylus didn`t need replacing at all and that it looked very good.

Really appreciated his honesty.  

In addition to a standard stylus brush, I use a DS Audio ST-50 gel pad after every few sides, then every few days carefully with Lyra Stylus treatment, stylus only. No cantilever painting! I like the ST-50 cause it’s shallow and flat, and can just lower the cue lever and dip the stylus in the ST-50 while it’s on the platter. The cantilever never touches the gel, so all that fuss the Fremer (bogusly) started with his Onzow article doesn’t apply here.