Best Rock Drummers

I've seen most of them and by far the two that stand out are Neil Peart of Rush and Ceasar Z. of Golden Earring. For non-rock I would say it's a no brainer with Buddy Rich.
zar

I don’t think you can have this conversation without Steve Gadd in it. Thought I posted this earlier but don’t see it on the thread. Apologies if I have posted this twice…

Always thought Kenny Jones was a better drummer than Keith Moon, just not for The Who. But aside from 'Quadrophenia' and 'Live at Leeds' I couldn't care the least about The Who. Faces on the other hand, the best thing Rod Stewart ever did and Kenny Jones was killing it.

@goofyfoot   WHO ARE YOU?

No I mean how could not include 1978 "Who Are You"

Just the album cover alone. I'm still deeply disturbed even after all these years

(Keith Moon's chair reads "Not to be taken away")

@danager I know Who fans are sensitive about not praising 'Who Are You' but for me, that album was a departure from what The Who did prior. Keith Moon knew he was dying, so a depressing cloud hung over the entire band. Disco was pumping steady and to me, that album reflected the Disco age. Even the Dead went Disco with 'Shakedown Street' and that bothered me deeply. I love 'Quadrophenia' and Criterion did a great job remastering the movie. 'Who Are you' seemed like a sell out by comparison, no pun intended.