Phono Stage upgrade to complement Dohmann Helix One Mk 2

Thanks to the recommendations from many users on this Audiogon blog, I think I was able to make a more informed purchase of a turntable, the Dohmann Helix One Mk 2.  I've really been enjoying the turntable for the past month!  

The next phase of my system now needs attention:  the phono stage.  Currently, I'm using a Manley Steelhead v2 running into an Ypsilon PST-100 Mk2 SE pre-amplifier (into Ypsilon Hyperion monoblocks, into Sound Lab M745PX electrostatic speakers). 

I've been told that I could really improve my system by upgrading the phono stage from the Manley Steelhead (although I've also been told that the Manley Steelhead is one of the best phono stages ever made).  
Interestingly, two of the top phono stages that I'm considering require a step-up transformer (SUT).  I'm not fully informed about any inherent advantages or disadvantages of using an SUT versus connecting directly to the phono stage itself.  

I suppose my current top two considerations for a phono stage are the Ypsilon VPS-100 and the EM/IA  LR Phono Corrector, both of which utilize an SUT.  I don't have a particular price range, but I find it hard to spend $100k on stereo components, so I'm probably looking in the $15k - $70k price range. 
Thanks. 

drbond

Dear @drbond  : Agree, you need something better than Manley and An Ypsilon electronics.

If you really are looking for the better quality performance levels and I mean better not diffeent the you must to go for and all FM Acoustics full electronic system. This is phono stage, line stage and way superior amp that your over 90K monobloks.

This is the phono stage and please at the end of the link download critical information by pdf format ( you need to read it. ):

https://www.fmacoustics.com/products/phono-linearizers/fm-223/

Nexte link for the amplifier and the measured of your monobloks where its higher than we want output impedance makes me ask: where are those 90+K ?, look for its frequency response.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,

R.

rrrrrrr

https://www.stereophile.com/content/ypsilon-electronics-hyperion-monoblock-power-amplifier-measurements

And yes, you can put on sale your today electronics in case that you decide to own " the best of the best " quality true performance levels. Nothing less.

R.

In response to your question about SUTs vs different LOMC cartridges, as long as the cartridge has a low internal resistance, which nearly any good LOMC will have, i.e., less than ~20 ohms, the choice of a SUT is more linked to how much added gain you will need over and above that which is supplied by the MM phono stage to which you attach the SUT.  In this case, be aware that the Ypsilon phono stage provides only 39db of internal gain.  Most MM stages provide more like 40-50db of gain.  That can make a difference (in choosing a SUT) if your goal is to generate more than 60db of total phono gain for a typical LOMC cartridge.  Of course, linestage gain also counts in that equation.  On Raul's recommendation of the FM Acoustics, I have no comment.

Dohmann Helix One-

You've arrived, when you can say the Manley Steelhead is "just getting by."

Well done.

@onhwy61 

Yes, the Dohmann Helix One Mk 2 has space for two tonearms, which I am running two Schroder CB 11 tonearms, with the aforementioned cartridges. 

@rauliruegas 

Thanks for the FM acoustic recommendation, but are there any other brands that you can also recommend, which may be your #2 and #3 choices? 

@tablejockey 
Thanks.  I realize that I probably only have 10-15 years left of good hearing, so I may as well spend my money on something I can enjoy for a while. . . 

@lewm 

Thanks for clarifying some details about the SUT.  What are some current driven phono stages that you would recommend?

Thanks.