Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten

David when I am listening on the nenuphars room. I was thinking of you my friend, knowing you own the speakers.The music is so involving and so real ,and classical music is no sweat beautifully done.I hope Teajay will listen to them.

I have taken great pleasure in building a system around the Nenuphars, first concentrating, like most new owners, on optimal pairings of pre amp and amp--optimal to my taste of course.  I never thought I'd be one to indulge more than one "taste" but I find myself with a "stable" of three units that I use singly or in combination.  I change them out periodically and enjoy their individual strengths. They are the Vinnie Rossie L2iSE, the Enleum 23R and the Decware Zen Triode Anniversary Edition.  But all along I knew once I had the power and pre questions answered, I would next have to address my digital front end.  For years I've been listening to the very musical Totaldac D-1 Dual.  Despite my enjoyment I knew it was not the last word on detail, bass, imaging and tonal accuracy.  A long search and many auditions has ended up with my replacing it with a Playback Designs MPD 8 Dream DAC.  After 500 hours of break in I can report extreme satisfaction, beyond in fact anything I was anticipating.  The Nenuphars soak up every iota of this upgrade, sounding like new and better speakers in every way.  They keep revealing themselves as true transducers of what goes before them. The magic they now create with the MPD 8 makes each recording unique, hearing the essence of music like I've never heard it before. 

@stephendunn Congrats Stephen, great to hear.  Do you have a thread up where you discuss your DAC auditions?  I'd love to read more about the competitors and decision making. Have heard many good things about those PD dacs.

@cal3713 Thanks. I haven’t put up a thread about my DAC search and probably won’t because it was less than comprehensive. Meaning I auditioned a number of DACs--Aqua, Denafrips, Lampizator, to name a few--that were quite a bit less expensive than the MPD 8. Once I heard it, I knew I didn’t have to look any further. I haven’t touched vinyl since I got it.