Help With A New DAC/Streamer

First post. I have an Audio Research VSI75 and Dynaudio Contour 30’s. I’m currently using an Aurender A10 for streaming Tidal.  My wife uses this system also. Sonically the A10 is fantastic, when it works. But the Conductor app is terrible on multiple levels and I’ve also had other software related issues. I don’t want to deal with tech support anymore. Looking for thoughts on either separate DAC/streamer combinations or a combined unit. Music runs the gamut from rock to Jazz and hip hop. Thoughts???

128x128keir18

@brunomarcs did you fall for Audiotroys shilling? Did you hear the Evo vs other dac/streamers?

Something to consider with an all in one streamer is Dirac Live.

Dirac Live resolves the soundstage with improved clarity and intelligibility with all instruments and vocals. With the room correction aspect you'll experience deeper and tighter bass free of resonances throughout the listening area, with greater transparency and the removal of distracting artifacts.

The miniDSP SHD is a good example of a streaming high definition digital audio processor with excellent DACs. Dirac Live uniquely combines frequency response correction as well as impulse response (time domain) correction in the digital domain. Fixing time domain anomalies is an impressive advancement for any audiophile system.

The only downside is the increased complexity and effort needed to fully integrate Dirac Live. So having excellent dealer support is important. 

Deer Creek Audio is an authorized miniDSP SHD dealer.

I just replaced a significantly more expensive Aurender server/streamer with a Roon Nucleus paired with an IFi Zen Stream (as the Roon endpoint) connected to my DAC via spdif.  While this set up took me a while to figure out, the improvements in sound quality, system stability and the user friendliness of the Roon interface is proving to make this one of the best decisions I've made in my 25  years in this hobby.  So for less than $2K, this change has transformed my sound quality and listening enjoyment.