Well I joined the Silversmith FIDELIUM Speaker cable club today

The story behind this goes like this. I bought new speakers in December and their placement forced me to stop using my Wireworld Gold Eclipse III bi wire cables because they were too short. So for an interim cable I found a 2 meter pair of the "Regular" Eclipse III wires used being that I wanted to keep it in the "Family." My  entire loom for the most part is Wireworld Gold Eclipse III interconnects.  The Reg Eclipse III seemed fine but I alway felt I was missing something I was used to before, like it was just a little veiled comparatively. I've researched the hell out of cables and was just going to get a set of the New Eclipse 8's but when they raised the price for a 2M pair another $500 to $2000 I decided to look elsewhere, scouring used cables for months.  Well through that process I discovered the many threads and positive reviews on the Silversmiths, so since they were more like what  I was hopefully  willing to spend I ordered a 6 foot set. Today I placed them into my system and after about one minute into the track I was astonished! I couldn't move from my chair, I listened to the entire album in astonishment. They literally "fixed" my system, it's never ever sounded this good. It's only been a few hours so i won't go into everything that happened right now but new cables are not  supposed to sound this good straight out of the box. I am lucky. they blend with my system right away. The Bass was so immediately impactful I just cannot believe a cable can make this much change, the inner detail and transparency, wow! I know these things have been raked over the coals in these forums and their are some that are naysayers, but in my case I was one of the lucky ones because these babies are not going back to Chris!  I cannot stop listening, it's amazing.

128x128fthompson251

mrmb,

The only impedance curve I could observe for Soundlab was the A1 on Stereophile. I will attempt to insert it here. If this speaker was used with these Fidelium cables there must a change, I would consider large, in the frequency response, more so with the 10 foot version. That change, based on the graph below which may not be appropriate, would mainly be a gradual reduction in high frequencies starting at approximately 2KHz, increasing to a 3db drop by 10KHz, and 6db at 20Khz. My ears have not heard 20KHz in many decades, but I would notice a change at 10KHz of several db (at least I think I would). There could be a small emphasis close to 200Hz that is audible.

Perhaps what this cable does is lay bare the audiophile claim that they "really know there systems and would know if something changed". I don't mean that specifically to you mrmb. Unless a speaker has constant impedance, this cable must make significant frequency response changes. I don't think that can be debated, though the amount of change will depend on speaker impedance. Some users really enjoy this cable, but I have not read any comments (other than negative) that indicate a realization of significant changes in frequency response.

I wonder what is driving the limit of 10' as the maximum length available.  Would 12' be:

too easy to damage?

too hard to manufacture?

create problems in capacitance / resistance / inductance / impedance?

“ Some users really enjoy this cable, but I have not read any comments (other than negative) that indicate a realization of significant changes in frequency response.“

I have to wonder at just what is your agenda  here!

I have no dog in this fight and yet from a merely spectator perspective you seem to be working very hard at discrediting an audio product that you have neither owned nor heard, your self considered opinion is mere speculation.

In the interest of not appearing so do consider changing your “Some” to The vast majority and your “ but I have not read any comments (other than negative)” to literally The One or Two !!!

Post removed 

That's funny @steakster , because someone private messaged me that my response to @tsushima1 should be to ask about his unhealthy obsession with some members on here, I assume are former?

Here, I thought he was just part of the harassment crew with you. Should I judge you by the company you keep?

No agenda, @tsushima1, just continually surprised by what I would consider apologetics for bad corporate behavior, sort of like I am surprised by the lack of consideration shown to you (or in general) in this picture.