Isolation Advice Needed

Hello, moving to a new home later this summer. The new house has suspended floors (wood over crawl space). No noticeable bounciness or floor deflection but so far I've lived in homes with concrete floors, so walking on the floor was subconscious activity. In the new house my steps are louder when I walk. So not sure what to expect when I setup my system in the new house.

I have all tube system housed in a Salamander rack. Any forewarning of unwanted vibrations creeping into the system and ways to mitigate them is greatly appreciated.

Current System...

Rega P6 (Audiomods Series VI/Shelter 501)

Aesthetix Rhea Sig. tube Phono

Graaf GM-50B Tube integrated

Wilson Benesch ACT Speakers (with Gaia II feet)

Best Regards

livin_262002

@livin_262002, don't know how you feel about the possibility of a wall mount for the TT but that is one consideration to consider if  you decide it needs isolation. Nothing wrong with that P6! That is one nice TT. Just needs to be placed on something rock steady because of that low-mass design.

Back in the day (i.e.  early 70's), I had my eye on a Tandberg R2R and, also, a Revox.  I would have loved to buy one of those things but couldn't afford a good one. So, I settled for a Craig, at the time, which lasted a very long time before I had to put it out to pasture.

All the best!

Man, I should have skipped this thread. Now, I am thinking of crawling under my house to brace what I absolutely know needs to be braced. The house was built in 1930 and code was something that only Morse knew. There are a few soft spots in the wood floor in 3 locations in different rooms and one of them is close to the audio system.

Well In a room I had before putting new carpet down I glued  and screwed 3/4 MDf to the floor a screw every eight inches bothways. That ended all the bounce in the floor I started doing that before laying ceramic tile floors in different homes a tile layer I knew told to reinforce the floors that way so the tiles didn't nearly. So I carried that idea with me before I layed the carpet down in that stereo room. As others have pointed out it maybe worth your time to reinforce the floors from underneath. I would do the extra layer in the floor if you can get them to do it before they lay the rug. Personally if they haven't done the drywall I would have them use 5/8 fire rated it is much more dense. Those are just ideas if you get a chance to have it done before they finish the room. Really not too much money that way. 

Regards

@retiredfarmer _hey farmer- I did something similar- two sheets of marine ply, with glue and a barn mat. Still didn't fix footfall issues in an 1880 house in downtown Austin. I respect farmers, rednecks and all people driving pick-up trucks for work. :)

I was able to hammer two vertical beams into place in the basement so they support the wood floor in our living / listening room, beneath the rack and speakers. Result: we can jump in front the player without the cartridge skipping, and have no problems with footfalls, dancing, gym, etc. Probably my best feet/damping/platform investment ever.