Ps audio aspen FR 30 Loudspeakers

Having bought several upper end products from p.s audio in the past such as their flagship dac   Parts quality inside were Average at best.   I am looking at New Loudspeakers and having over 40 years in audio and owning a Audio Store  to me a 🚩 flag is when you won’t should the Critical Xover inside which is the ♥️ orthe 🧠 of the speaker ,  at $28,500   The speaker should be shown inside and out , and if a company uses the term proprietary drivers or Xover parts ,that means nothing special I except the lofty $$ price tag.  Having modded Loudspeakers for myself and others for over 20 years ,know first hand most mags  take many cost cutting short cuts . It’s up to the mfg to Prove to the buyer they are worthy,Especially a totally new item , they specialize in electronics ,Not Loudspeakers .  Unless you can see everything about the drivers, and Xover and parts quality ,then most likely parts are made in China or close to it ,in reality less then $8k into the total build ,  look at a Wilson Sabrina ,Magico, B&W , they all disclose their build designs . Just ge careful, if you can’t see all your answers, they buy with ⚠️ Caution ⚠️ 

128x128audioman58

ricevs, using your line of logic I would bet your speakers sound as good as they look. 💩 Since you have not heard the FR30, please refrain from making judgements on how they sound based on how they look.  Also, keep in mind Chris Brunhaver who designed the speakers worked for BG Radia, the manufacturer of the planar drivers you are so knowledgeable on.  I would bet he knows a thing or two about how to implement them.

External looks (how pretty something is) has practically nothing to do with sound. I make no judgements on how they sound......but I know those drivers and implemented them in a more transparent way.....so have others. The crossover parts alone.....are sad.....he he. I am sure the speakers sound very good and are probably competitive in their price range......but nothing new.....or great. Implementation is far different than speaker driver design.....far different........Just one bad part and you get bad sound. Most designers do not know parts and execution very well. PS Audio is showing with the crossover parts they are not serious implementors. There is always more.....is all I am saying. Look at the Perlisten and Acora and latest Kef speakers.....way more inventive and or tweaky. The guy at Acora spent 3 years tweaking every single thing in the crossover.......looks like PS Audio spent some time getting the frequency response good but then cheaped out on parts and execution. Every single thing you do matters. If you made a serious tweaky outboard xover for the PS Audio speakers that was all hardwired......you would drop your jaw in the improvement.......not so with the Acora speakers. There is always more....and more and more....into the infnite. Those that buy the PS Audio speaker will no doubt be happy. No problem. I am happy with my cheap DIY speakers..........but if I owned the PS Audio speaker......it would be tweaked to kingdom come. Why settle? If you know what to do to improve something.......why wouldn’t you do it?

You can improve your life by remembering your own beauty and everyone else’s beauty........happiness is self created.....every thought, every word spoken (or written), every feeling and every action has an energy.......that keeps creating itself.....over and over.......you are what you think, say, feel and do..............so think, say, feel and do joy and love and beauty and whatever you want.......be the love.

I'm calling BS to the OP's post. Looking at his system, any PS Audio gear would be in a much higher class than what the OP has. Have you seen the cutout of the PS audio speaker? NO! Have you seen the crossover f the speaker? NO! Have you even heard their new speaker? No!

Also, do Porsche 918 owners tear apart their engines to make sure they are not using cayman piston rods? Hell no.

When you buy a piece of audio gear or a nice expensive car, you use your senses to determine if its right for you or not, not some charts/graphs or sheet of measurements.

Post removed