Pass INT-25 better than Wilsenton R8?

I have recently purchased a Pass Labs INT-25. It replaced a Wilsenton R8 with NOS tubes (EL-34). I feel that the sound im getting from the Pass is not 5000.00 better. Has anyone purchased a INT-25 and not been blown away from the sound? I do think  that the 25 has a wider soundstage.

128x128travisg

Comparing the prices on both won't be a fair comparison. The R8 is being sold direct from China, while Pass Labs has a dealer network. 

Secondly, break-in with Pass Labs is true. My F8 took 3 months to burn-in. After which, it's one of my favorite amps. My X150.8, about 1 month. 

I'm currently evaluating a Kinki EX-M7, its an amazing amp. I recommend auditioning one. 

@travisg Why did you go from tube to SS ? btw this is coming from a pass fan.

What I would have done from r8 is go to a used Jadis or VAC that is around $5-6k. Guessing that would be a big upgrade.

@jetter 

The amp stages of the INT-25 and the XA-25 amplifiers share the same components & configuration. The INT-25 siphons ~25% of the power transformers output to run the pre amplifier section. I've owned both, fully broken in. For me the XA-25 paired with a Quicksilver (Duelund capped) tube line stage pre walks all over the INT-25.

Per Stereophile Measurements: "The INT-25's output power is specified as 25W into 8 ohms and 50W into 4 ohms, both equivalent to 14dBW, with a "class-A envelope" of 50W peak into 2, 4, or 8 ohm loads. With "clipping" defined as when the THD+noise reaches 1%, I found that the Pass Labs amplifier with both channels driven at 1kHz clipped at 60W into 8 ohms (17.8dBW, fig.4) and 98W into 4 ohms (16.9dBW, fig.5)"

Per Stereophile Measurements: "Pass Labs specifies the XA25's output power as 25Wpc into 8 ohms and 50Wpc into 4 ohms (both equivalent to 14dBW). However, as you can see in figs. 4 and 5, the amplifier exceeded its specified power output at the clipping point, which we define as when the THD+noise equals 1%. At that THD+N percentage the XA25 delivered 80Wpc into 8 ohms (19dBW) and 130Wpc into 4 ohms (18.1dBW)."