Need DAC comparable to OPPO BDP-83SE, or better, small size, USB OK, SPDIF coax...

Remodeling our RV so I can fit, after rebuilding to new shape woofer section of Edgarhorn Slimlines. Bringing my old system out of storage after many years, highly upgraded Baby Sophia tube amp. High powered big subwoofer system design underway as well. Oppo just to big to use it so need to work out a mini computer with BD player for our limited collection and will be using Qobuz for most all music. Looking into an PRi or mini computer and slim external BD player. I need some sort of switcher as well as have the TV swivel down from ceiling and a Martin Logan Vision X sound bar above it for more casual listening. CHEAP but great, I know not impossible to find but needs to match up well with the Baby Sophia and upgraded Slimlines. Thanks, Rick (Wife and doggy waiting for me, I will refine this post when I return:)
raam

raam

Thank You for the follow up to my query. What year did you purchase the 83SE?

Or, when was the Player built (look on back panel).

Happy Listening!

I bought it new in later 2006 or early in 2007 most likely, had a new house built, moved in Aug 2006, started buying things right away. The only date on the back is under a patent listing showing 1996-2007 if that helps.

I spent 20 years in the Navy as a tech working on very serious gear many of those years. I have completely gone through the unit, cleaned everything inside and out though it needed little and tested all funtions. It has been in use, not more than 5-10 hours a week since new up until two weeks ago or so. 

Not sure how to proceed on the forum, been so busy and tired from all the gear and plans I am involved in have to admit not read all the forum rules but I see you have been here a long time so help me out on this, please:)

Rick

I opened up the E30 DAC, very nice build quality, DAC as listed above OPA 1612 opamp which seems to be well liked by some and not so much by others, so far I like it just fine but will know more when I hook up the tube amp. Funny how I like to setup low cost but great audio and just not into the very high end gear when I used to have multiple race cars I built up to $100k into some of them.

I spent a ton more on car audio than I ever did on home audio because I seldom had time to listen to it, usually out doing sports or building race cars. I did have a sound quality competition Tacoma, first big system Mac amps, Dynaudio drivers, Zapco processors, DAC, etc...beat a prior world champ in front of his NFL starting linemen customers:) Then rebuilt again, $25k in gear(retail, I paid about half) $7k component speakers with 100 watts per tweeter and 200 per midrange, custom built Arc Audio amps, custom built dual midbasses with 300 watts per driver. Custom built subs with 1kw each. Custom modded Image Dynamic crossovers,

dual 20 bit ladder DAC, 20V balanced out of DAC and through processors, had some serious dynamic range.

Installation is the key to great sound in a vehicle, I learned from some of the very best, Matt Bogart and Eric Stevens at Image Dynamics where I met Doc Edgar and fell in love with horns which I have used in car audio quite successfully as well.

Raam

Good Evening Rick. I am interested in the 83SE.

PM (email)sent.  Thank you.

Happy Listening!