Network Switches

david_ten

@glory 

I hope that is a typo since the K50 retails for $15K.

I assume you like it.  

An on purpose typo, $17.5K

Would like to know a formula that would outrun it so I could sell it

“Is there a better way for digital playback…..

@glory

As you know better is subjective and any given component must gel (synergy) with rest of your system for one to say, I prefer the brand X better than brand Y. I found a component last year that not only simplified my digital streaming but also transcended my existing digital front end (EMM Labs DA2 / Aurender N20). I suggest you to look into Merging Technologies +player. It’s a DAC/Roon player/Preamp, all in one box. No external component needed to run a Roon core. All you need is one high quality LAN cable, which you already own.

BTW, I am quite intrigued by your Manger S1 speakers, what made you decide to go with powered speakers over passive ones in Manger speaker line up? 

@glory Ok, don't like a very nicely reviewed Antipodes, so maybe you need to move into Wadax and Taiko Extreme territory. Otherwise issue is your dac, or something in rest of system.

“BTW, I am quite intrigued by your Manger S1 speakers, what made you decide to go with powered speakers over passive ones in Manger speaker line up? “

I feel powered speakers are the future. Stereophile rated A+ for the powered and B for the passive 🙊🙈🙉. I run Teo cables which I think are the best cables on the planet but their SC’s are very high $$$ so XLR is my go to wire.

I love the K50 but is there a must cheaper way with all these switches going on in this thread?