Old Vandersteen model 2 vs. newer model 2

Hi I'm thinking about getting some older model 2's with serial numbers in the 321000 range.  I know they made some tweaks in the later models.  I have no way to compare them.  How different do the newer models sound?  Thanks!

ddinnsen

You are never going to get good imaging with two different pairs of speakers firing directly at you. Just a thought....

You are never going to get good imaging with two different pairs of speakers firing directly at you. Just a thought....

Have you heard the Moabs? 😉 @ozzy62 

I have 2CES, 2CE Sigs, and 3As. I prefer the 3As but between the 2s I don’t find an enormous difference. 

ovinewar1

Vandy 3A Signature is a special loudspeaker. To my ears, the next significant upgrade is the Kento.

Happy Listening!

The conclusion to this story is that I changed to plan B.  Plan A was bring the 2As  home and show to my wife (who is an amazing decorator) at which point she would probably reject them, but I would get at least a week of temporary listening.  Plan B was to show her what they look like before and score husband points, but with high risk of upfront rejection.  

Now I'm going to look for beat-up super-cheap 2 or 3 As to use in my basement where I am the sole decorator, but where I don't listen much.  When I find them I will also do some temporary main system listening.