Use Dual XLR to Dual RCA Cables or Use RCA to RCA on Subwoofers

I would just like to hear what others say before making decision on purchasing sub-woofer cables. My preamp has no sub-out, so do you think it's better or best using the mains balance or unbalance output to connect two SVS SB2000's? 

setup #1- use dual XLR to RCA cables ( 4 separate cables) from main to sub, or

setup#2- use the mains RCA out (4 separate cables) to both subs.

I believe cables makes the difference so plans are to purchase Morrow Audio's SUB4- Dual XLR to RCA or Morrows RCA to RCA cables, but it's too expensive to buy both. The right sub is 10-12 feet from preamp.

- 2 SVS SB2000 

roddyboy

There is no benefit or advantage to going from XLR to RCA there is nothing "magic" about XLR. 

Ditto. Both are the same. Not bananas and plantains.

Might as well be decided by cost. Unless you go XLR to BNC. Then it will cost a lot more for  a modest improvement in security.

Pro-long runs, .. XLR of course, but home, short runs?

Secure connections are advantageous, that’s the only advantage I found using XLR.

I had already changed all my interconnects to Locking RCA connectors. You can wiggle the heck out of anything, anywhere, without inadvertently causing/disturbing a connection.

My CD/SACD player has XLR. I tried, no difference in sound, but nice secure snap in connection. Easier than Locking RCA’s.

If room behind is limited, they make right angle XLR

bargain hunter that I am, I bought 2 component cables, peeled them apart and got 3 pairs 6’ long with locking ends

they come in longer lengths, and many pre-made interconnects exist

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=interconnects+locking+rca&_sacat=0