The magic of outdoor listening

I tend to keep one system I can pull outdoors when I am in the mood the freedom from room colorations is an amazing thing. Being outside listening to a great system playing wonderful music is magic. I have a bike race by my home and if the weather is nice many times I'm out jamming I have had large groups of cyclists stop 50 yards from my home to enjoy my music. Last year I has using a giant pair of RCA front horns with a full range in it this year going with a community leviathan system with radial. I pull out a tube amp when I jam outside. When I retire I plan on putting out a permanent outdoor horn system so it is ready to go when I am. Sitting still seated centered in a room all alone is enjoyable at times but also kind of tragic I am happy I have options. Maybe consider the outdoors as one of your listening spaces.

128x128johnk

Have EV outdoor speakers on back deck for decades(not years) for the purpose they’re great!

I have a portable battery powered diy system I take to the sandbar when boating in the summer.   Next to the fire, in the open sand, sounds wonderful.    No boundaries, no reflections is great place to listen.

We went camping one year and the guy next to us in an Airstream, in the peace and quiet of the majestic woods, started playing loud music on a massive ghettoblaster. That lasted 5 minutes as I was compelled to ask him to turn it off. After some consternation on his part, he did. And everyone that was there in the entire state park got back to enjoying the reason they were there. You’ve got to be aware. Don't be the guy everyone hates.

Not sure l know what Boomer Rock is, possibly referring to baby boomer Rock? I don't blast outside like I used to, but when we did we asked all the neighbors anywhere near us if it was bothering them and we got positive response from everyone. Now once in a while I will call some friends to come over for some indoor music listening at high spls that we call simply "Blam Blam". This includes a large variety of music, the definition being music that is intended to be listened to loud! 

Living in the AZ desert it's amazing how far sound carries--i can hear someone blasting music over a mile away so i figure they can hear me too--but the OP s right about how good music can sound outdoors where standing waves are gone--the good thing about desert listening is that you can listen at low volumes and still get enough impact to enjoy.  The other benefit---so many old folks in the desert that their hearing is gone--i've accidentally blasted music (ok maybe not accidentally) and asked my immediate neighbors about it the next day and often gotten "never heard a thing"--but i didn't ask everyone within a 1 miles radius...