Least Expensive Power Conditioner/Surge Protector That Won't Worsen Sound

I have an old Shunyata Hydra 6 that I'm sending off to Shunyata to repair. In the meantime, I'm curious - What's the least expensive power conditioner/surge protector that won't worsen the sound? 

I've already discovered that plugging my integrated directly into the wall sounds the best. But I have source components. I have liked the Shunyata, but just in case they're not able to get it back to like new shape, what are your thoughts? (I tried numerous PLCs at the time I bought it almost 20 years ago and I thought it, by far, sounded better than any other one I auditioned in my system, and that included the Hydra 8).

I see many users who have reported worsening sound when using the Audioquest PQ2 and PQ3.

Something like a Panamax PM 5300 or 5400?  Or the Furman Elite 15?

And what is the danger of under-voltage?

analogj

Personally if it sound quality based buy the best furutech receptacles and wire them into your circuit and if directly into them.  Years and years ago I bought a panomax and I could not get rid of it quickly enough. Between myself and a friend we have tried a bunch of them and none of them are any good. Make some things better and some things worse. That is the way they all seem to work the bass is better the top gets bright. Or the tone is better and the mucicality is go e etc etc etc. They all seems to work that way we have tried a great number of them up to about a five thousand dollar price.  The furutech receptacles replacement just makes the sound quality go up. Doesn't seem to make anything get worse. 

Regards

noticed there was no mention of Monster HTS 3500 & 3600. which I have not sure if they protect, but it gives me ten outlets which are full.

Got one as an open box and another at a yard sale, and the guy had  no idea what it was, got it for fifty bucks, there was a rebate coupon for $50, old, sent it in, and got a check for $50. are they any good or am I going to get bet up?

Tom

For surge and lightning protection they are a good idea, but higher frequency noise is better removed by anti-ripple filters in the power supplies where capacitors and inductors become proportionally more effective with higher order Fourier harmonics for distorted 60 Hz wall outlet power up to radio frequencies which audio vacuum tubes cutoff.

@analogj, no I wasn’t suggesting that only the power cord is critical in helping any systems SQ. The power cable in conjunction with a good power conditioner should work together to help keep the electricity running through your mains clean. A lot of what will work best in any system can depend on system synergy, the compatibility of different components to work together for the most optimal sound.

For example @markiew commented that for him the Puritan 156 did more than an AudioQuest Niagara 3000 and an AQ Hurricane power cable in his setup. 

Okay, I can potentially understand the benefits of greater noise reduction, but are there other factors which contribute to how well a PLC will affect the sound?

INDUCTANCE.