Tube CD player?

Looking to upgrade from my Shanling T-200 tube cd player, trying to stay away from "Chinese" made product, my budget is limited to $500 to 1k. "Not giving any bad reputation to Chinese made gear" Good stuff but I want to stay american or european...

Best bang for the buck CD player, ok lets hear it.. Thanks guys! Oh and gals! lol
chgolatin2
Hard to beat the Quad cdp-2 in that price range. Can be bought new for a little over $1K.
you would be suprised what is made in china, i give up, it all started many years ago with japanese tv , and now you can't buy a decent tv without it being japanese....better open up and consider, i own a raysonic cd 128, which come through canada, but i believe its assembled in china, i dont' care , for 1700.00, tube player, it's killer....sometimes you just have to go with the flow...
You may have to stretch a little bit on your budget to really get what you want, or give up the tube output criteria. But if you cannot move away from either, maybe the AMC 6 is a good CD player for you?

If you can move a little in price, the Granite 657 CD player is an excellent choice. Variable 6922 tube output, fixed solid state output, excellent build quality and reliability, fantastic sound. I've had mine for about 3 years now, and have never been less than enthralled with the sound. Negatives are they are quite rare on the used market, and you must be patient, as well as the remote being slightly disappointing though only in comparison to the player itself. On top of it all, Don Hoglund is the type of manufacturer we would all do well to support as best as we can - top level customer support and a wonderful person.

If you are OK with a solid state player, the Electrocompaniet units are also terrific machines.

Disclaimer: I am the North American importer of Opera Audio/Consonance products, including the CD players