Klipsch Forte IV ... what amp ?

No , I am not asking for a particular amp style and brand here . Although I am not refusing any suggestions either !

What I would like to know first is what characteristics to look for in an amp to drive these speakers (Forte 4’s) to full performance .

Such characteristics as :

1.) What is needed to handle the low impedance of 4 ohms ?

2.) While the sensitivity is listed at 99 dbs. it is considered to be closer to @ 96 dbs,

3.) What about negative feedback ?

4.) Will the 12" woofer and 15 " rear radiator need special attention also ?

5.) Do the horns require special consideration ?

I feel that these considerations will go further to getting it right than , " hey , just get a tube amp and enjoy " .

Thank you & Be Safe .

saki70

I've tried several amps on my Cornwall IVs including the McIntosh MC275 VI, my friend's Rogue Stereo 100 with Dark upgrades and BoyuuRange A50 MKIII 300B, and my own Audio By Van Alstine 600R hybrid amp. 600R bested all of them until I tried my Enleum 23R.  I've had my 23R since mid December and I couldn't be happier with it driving my CWIV.

If I could use one word to describe the sound of the 23R it would be organic.  It's tubelike character is also very transparent, fast and dynamic without ever being fatiguing.  It's only 25 watts/ch and it's a world class headphone amp as well mating with my Susvara, Abyss 1266TC, Focal Utopia and ZMF Verite open.  Enleum is a new company formed by the former head of Bakoon International.  The amp has only been out for about 4 months but it's already been reviewed by 6 Moons, Darko on Youtube, Jason Kennedy and several others.  All the reviews have been very positive and in summary, they say the 23R is a fantastic amp for easy to drive sensitive speakers.  My CWIVs are rated at 102dB and they easily drive them with excellent dynamics and transparency.

Adding to my post above, I use the 23R as a power amp with my Van Alstine FET Valve CF vacuum tube preamp. The 23R can be used as an integrated amp without a preamp but I prefer the sound with my preamp. The rest of my system includes a REL S5 subwoofer, Rega P10/Apheta 3 turntable, Luxman EQ500 vacuum tube phono stage, Aurender W20SE streamer/server, Holo May KTE DAC, PS Audio PST SACD transport and Equi=Tech 2RQ power conditioner.

Hi All,

I posted this earlier in the thread: "...The Forte's were very harsh with the DNA-500. Really don't really know why, but not a good match...".

To set the record staright:

I reinserted the DNA-500 amp with my Forte's and was suprised. They do not sound at all like what would lead me to post the ealier comment.

Sound staging, dynamics, and a "like live" sound are all present now. And the hiss is pretty much gone.

Don't know if it is my hearing getting used tio the speakers or the speakers are breaking in...

Anyway, the DNA-500 sounds good,

I just purchased a pair of Forte 4’s a week ago, and the listening session I had with them was fantastic. I am driving them with a Music Reference RM 200 tube amp, coming from a Rotel 1590MK 2 preamp. (My other speakers are JBL L100 Classics)