Cartridge Loading for a phono pre amp

Hello,

I have recently acquired a phono pre amp recommended by Michael Fremer.  It is “THE VINYL”, from QHW audio, Spain.  It got a great review.  I have a Benz Micro Glider rated at 1.1MV.  I have no idea how to set the dip switches for MC Load impedance for this cartridge. The options I have are as follows: 47K, 1K, 560R, 470R, 100R, and 47R.  I have a solid state amp and pre-amp, and also have a sub that I use, rarely.

Any advice would be most appreciated!!

judsauce
Post removed 

Dear @fundsgon  :  So you agree that 47k is standard for LOMC since appeared as is in the MM/MI cartridges ?

How on earth did you infer that I agree that 47k is standard for anything? Certainly not in my previous post.
I will say that I heartily enjoy Ralph’s posts, and hope to audition his new solid state amp in the not too distant future. I can also say that I’ll be testing my mc cartridge at 47k Ohms when I finish watching Last Kingdom. Je-me

That's an ad hominem attack, probably the laziest of all logical fallacies.

Thanks Cleeds, he (Raul) deleted the text from his post where he declared Ralph to be stupid. To me there is no place in this forum for that type of behaviour.

enjoy the music😂

J.Carr ( Lyra cartridge designer and phono stage Connoissour. ) said/posted:

" Phono cartridges are floating sources rather than balanced..."

If JCarr really said this, then he isn't aware of how balanced operation works. A dynamic microphone is a balanced source because its floating. An Ampex 351 tape machine has a balanced output because the secondary winding of its output transformer is floating. My Neumann U67 microphones are a balanced source because their output transformers have a floating output.

Atma-Sphere was the first company anywhere in the world to offer balanced line components for home stereo use. The equipment supports the balanced standard, known as AES48.

In a balanced connection, ground is ignored- its not part of the audio signal. This is why in a phono connection with RCAs, you have that weird ground wire that no other single-ended source seems to need. This is because you have a balanced source that is being fed to a single-ended input, and you have to do something with the ground, which otherwise isn't connected to the audio signal, but is its shield nevertheless- that being the tonearm tube of course.

More on this topic: http://www.atma-sphere.com/en/resource-why-balanced.html

Note in this article about halfway down the phrase

Both sides of the signal connection have an equal impedance to ground and may be floating