Cartridge Loading for a phono pre amp

Hello,

I have recently acquired a phono pre amp recommended by Michael Fremer.  It is “THE VINYL”, from QHW audio, Spain.  It got a great review.  I have a Benz Micro Glider rated at 1.1MV.  I have no idea how to set the dip switches for MC Load impedance for this cartridge. The options I have are as follows: 47K, 1K, 560R, 470R, 100R, and 47R.  I have a solid state amp and pre-amp, and also have a sub that I use, rarely.

Any advice would be most appreciated!!

judsauce

Stating that someone is stupid, when he is clearly not, indicates the accuser has lost. Why don’t you just leave this forum until you’re able to behave as an adult.

Dear @fundsgon  :  So you agree that 47k is standard for LOMC since appeared as is in the MM/MI cartridges ?

If yes then please re-read my last post. For whatever reasons that's what happens. I'm speaking of phono stages mnufacturers not LOMC manufacturers.

R.

Latter on appeared the active high gain phono stages to drive LOMC in exclusive way with no facilities to handle MM/MI cartridges, even those LOMC phono stages cames ( even some today ) with impedance load different values choices coming from 100 ohms to 1k ( more or less. ) where no one came with the option to choose 47k.

This statement is misleading. It is correct that some of these phono sections that had/have switchable input impedance did/do not feature the standard 47K, probably on account of poor RFI management at the input of said phono sections. That does not change the simple fact that 47K is indeed the industry specs for cartridge loading.

Post removed 

Dear @fundsgon  :  So you agree that 47k is standard for LOMC since appeared as is in the MM/MI cartridges ?

How on earth did you infer that I agree that 47k is standard for anything? Certainly not in my previous post.
I will say that I heartily enjoy Ralph’s posts, and hope to audition his new solid state amp in the not too distant future. I can also say that I’ll be testing my mc cartridge at 47k Ohms when I finish watching Last Kingdom. Je-me