Bluesound Node 2 vs. Node (2021)

I am currently enjoying an older Node 2 and wondering if I my sound quality might benefit from an upgrade to the new, 3rd generation, Node (2021).  My system: Network > Node 2 (via Cat5e) > Chord Qutest DAC (via Coaxial) > Hegel H190 (via analog) > Magnepan 1.7i.  I'm only using the Node's WiFi for control via the Blue OS app on a tablet.

Thoughts?

skirescue911

You could? just spend the money on a better external DAC than what’s in the Node (2021). That would enhance the sound (other than MQA albums) unless you bought a more expensive DAC with MQA.

All that depends on whether or not you already have a quality external DAC. Opps I see that you do...

I have no experience with the NEW Node. But I have read that it is a step forward or 2 from your Node2. I have a Node 2i and I upgraded it with a power board and external power supply that isolates the streamer from the power and it was a big step up from stock. A friend did the same thing to his Node2 (like yours) with the same results. Blacker background, more separation, resolution and air. The bellow board and an Sbooster power brick will do the trick.

op

hegel 190 into maggie 1.7i is exceptionally fine and very very resolving

i would say get the node 3 and use its usb digital out to feed the qutest - i would think the sq difference will be quite noticeable... also, if you aren’t already, get a good linear power supply for the chord dac... makes a difference imo

good luck and enjoy