Anyone know how good MHDT Labs Paradisea DAC is?

There has been some talk on the net that it is a bit of a bargain. True or false?
raymondr
I compard the DAC to the Museatex Bitstream. The Paradisea is very seductive and musical sounding. The Museatex Bitstream had way better details allowing you to really hear into the musical performance. I perfer the Bitstream that can be found for under $500, modified for another $500 and resold for about the same. The Paradisea is very nice sounding overall.
I found the review:

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0406/mhdt_laboratory_dac.htm
Don't think enjoythemusic should be believed without corroboration. They also gave the Altmann DAC the big "thumbs-up".(See:http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/1006/bestof2006.htm)

My own experience with the Altmann was that it was disappointing hence the reason for this thread; I would like to get feedback from those who have direct "hands-on" with the Paradisea. I think it is a mistake to buy gear on the basis of a single review; reviewers get it wrong like everyone else.
Just like everything else in audio...it is subjective. Scott(the reviewer) IMHO has a good ear for great sound. You can find a very long thread on Audio circle. You'll see Scott's as well as several others comment on this unit. It's not going to work for everyone..Just like any other component. There will always be something with higher highs or lower lows or a purer midrange. Finding a musical piece that makes you forget about all that nonsense isn't easy..this is one of those pieces. I do enjoy mine immensely.
Perhaps something else bears mentioning. I have over a period of a month tried to contact MHDT on several occasions by email. However, I have not been able to raise the smallest response; a veritable "black hole" of silence presents. Presumably Mr. MHDT spends his days building DACs and licking stamps and nothing else. One imagines, therefore, how a customer with a faulty product might be supported.