The New Synergistic Research Purple Fuses

This thread is intended for those who are actually using the new SR Purple Fuses. In my system, they are a significant improvement over the SR Orange fuses. What are your impressions? 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa

I'm interested as well. After a day it is opening up a little bit but compared to the Orange, a hulking wall of mid-bass that seems to dominate. Definitely a very different burn-in process as well.

I think I do need to give it a couple hundred hours before I comment again as they seem to start from a different tonal place than the Orange did.

This one is actual my second Purple fuse, but the other one was in an unfamiliar and less detailed amp that I sold, and I didn't have a matching Orange to compare it with. My sense is that it did have a slightly dark, colorful, and rounded sound compared to stock, but it wasn't dramatic like the first hours of this one.

I would highly appreciate an objective appreciation of available tuning fuses.

SR - Purple is warm? Orange?

Audio Magic - Masterpiece Series M1

Quantum Science Audio - Everything above yellow is expensive.

Furutech TF - Discontinued but are still available.

Any other fuses I haven't mentioned?

I plan to gradually change all my fuses or at least, if I can, experiment with each piece of equipment.

Anyone realised an improvement with power amps?

Thanks in advance.

MSerieMMMM1Series M1

While I await a couple of QSA Reds, my system has been using a combo of SR Oranges and mostly AM Ultimate Premiers. The SR Carbon Discs didn’t work so well here, so I exchanged them for a Purple fuse. It went into a PSA P15 regenerator, thus affecting everything else down the line. It’s got 60 hours now, so just an initial read pending another 8-10 days. What I’m hearing of its effects is a satisfying major improvement over the Orange in every way but one: on the tonally dry to lifelike continuum, it’s on the dry end. A great sense of presence but little emotional connection, sweetness. More like an observer of another’s emotions (but oh so lovely potrayed). Connection is something the Orange help do well. Hope that reverses…