Speaker Suggestions

Hi folks. Looking for some speaker suggestions. I currently have had the JA Pulsar's for several years. Been bitten by the upgrade bug and want an audiophile speaker just like the JA but with better options for centers and surrounds. I've listened to the Revel 226BE and 206 and for my taste they are boring with not much life. I've tested the Pulsar's II and found it really good but actually like the original ones better due to a little less bass. Here are my thoughts. The other issue I have is responsiveness from Jeff. I've been trying to chat with him and I hear something back and then silence for several weeks. So, not super confident in issues being addressed. Budget is around 10k give or take for the 2 fronts. Listen to all types of music. Amplifiers are Simaudio Titan 5 x2. Running a JBL SDP55 along with a VPI Prime turntable and Parasound JC3 Jr. 

1) JA Pulsar's II all around as well for Center. Would be good but I think I can do better. 

2) JA Pulsar II with Perspective II in the front and a Pulsar Top for the center. 

3) Vandersteen Treo CT. 

4) Dynaudio Contour 30i

5) Perlisten S5M or R5T. 

6) B&W 804 D4

Other thoughts. Used Radho, KEF Reference, any others??

Would like to get some thoughts on other suggestions. Thank you! 

g_sysak

Ohm Walsh's for front and rears! 3-D room-filling sound regardless of listening spot!

If you like the sound of the Pulsars, with good reason IMHO, I think going with a Pulsar for a center speaker would be pretty optimal.  I think using Pulsars for surrounds is complete overkill unless you have $$$ to burn.  You could use Prisms, but I think you could get by fine with budget monitors from Silverline or other decent  monitor with a silk-dome tweeter.  Frankly, I’d do that and add two good subs that’ll probably do more than anything else to up your enjoyment of both music and movies.  I don’t think you’d like the B&Ws — if you like JA they’ll sound a little sterile and lifeless by comparison, kinda like Revel.  Just my $0.02 FWIW. 

Jeff Joseph's Pearls blew me away at RMAF years ago and I've totally loved the wonderful sound, detailed with tone and body, that he gets from all his speakers. I also like Borresen, TAD, Tidal and Rockport. I just got dumb-lucky to buy two used Raidho D2s for mains in my audio room. I'd be happy with any of the others above as well.

Before the Raidhos I owned Dynaudio Sapphires for five years but the D2s bested them in every single way except sheer volume output. I remember loving the Pulsars as well the first time I hear them, very exceptional!

There are some very great speakers lower priced that serve up a bit more value for the dollar, but there seems to be some magic hiding in the diminishing returns...