Audioengine for Surround Sound

I purchased A2+ as a desktop speakers for the home office but was sent two pairs and was also told to keep the extra pair. I'm considering returning one of the A2+ pairs and putting the funds towards A5+ and then building a surround sound system in my living room instead! Can anyone shed some light on the performance of audioengine as a surround sound system? I know I would need a center channel and a sub as well. Completely new to all things audio so no level of advice is too basic to be appreciated. Thanks!

cokashi232

BS my ass!  A pair of 2+ sit on pads at the foot of LS50 stands for TV audio.  I'm often amazed by their audio capability.  I've heard lots of speakers I've liked less.

db 

I purchased A2+ as a desktop speakers for the home office but was sent two pairs and was also told to keep the extra pair. I'm considering returning one of the A2+ pairs and putting the funds t omegle owards A5+ and then building a surround sound system in my living room instead! Can anyone shed some light on the performance of audioengine as a surround sound system? I know I would need a center channel and a sub as well. Completely new to all things audio so no level of advice is too basic to be appreciated. Thanks!

issue got solved!

While trying to bring up Roon in the living room, I inadvertently brought up HDMI from the Mac Mini to the Sony 65 XBR that provides audio to a pair of A2+ speakers. The sound, although not quite the equal of the preamp and monoblocks with KEF LS50s, was amazingly good, better than many setups I’ve heard in stores.

db