Will I benefit from a subwoofer with 20Hz speakers?

My source is a minidsp shd studio with Dirac going into Denafrips Gaia DDC to Denafrips T+ DAC to McIntosh 601 Monoblocks to Cabasse Pacific 3 speakers. The speaker's published frequency response is 41-20,000Hz. I presume this is achieved in an anechoic chamber. In my room however, it goes down to 20Hz, at least according to the Dirac measurements. In fact, I needed to flatten the curve and  reduce by 5-20 DBs between 20-100Hz due to the room effect.

So, considering I already go down to 20Hz, is there anything else 1 or 2 subwoofers will do for my system?  Would it create a more consistent low frequency field? I see many people adding up to 6 subs, so I wonder what I'm missing. 

Thank you for your insight! 

dmilev73

Having read many comments on this discussion forum I can say that about the only thing that most people agree on is that REL subs are really good. I have yet to read a negative comment about an REL sub (let the negativity commence). I say go for it.

From my experience with all my systems over the years,

(answers to your two questions in the second paragraph)

1 Yes

2 Yes

Looks like the website says frequency goes down to 20hz. Where did the 41hz number come from?

Maybe RELs really are good but from my own experience their customer service sucks. Phone calls never returned. Emails answered then told they'd get back to me but never do. Text messages back and forth promising me answers that I never get. A different mfg for me next time.

Your 41HZ data is incorrect. But tell me? Do you not expect there to be dynamics in sound? Are you trying to tune out dynamic pieces so that everything plays within the same 1-2 dB range? Music is a lot different than running a tone generator through your system from 20-20KHZ at at constant decibel level and looking at the graph for peaks and valleys built into the crossover network and then trying to correct it. 

But yes! By all means, add 2 subs to your space. Everyone should, whether they know it or not.