Heard the Abbingdon Music research CD player?

I am looking for anyone who might have heard this player at CES or at the London show. Is it a giant killer with its matching amp? Bob
128x128baranyi
Jaybo, I think that AMR owns the factory that the players are built! My understanding is that they are not a Walmart of the world ( demanding and paying what they deem right)and have peolpe lining up to work at this factory because the wages are the highest in the province.What you are talking about is true disclosure and not even american companies truly disclose what is being produced.As far as consumer go,Walmart does a fantastic business even though they know sweat shop labour is behind the work.Please be careful about how you paint made in China and don't shop at Walmart if you do feel so strongly!Take care Dennis
Oh man, I am interested in anything Thorsten does, but 93 lbs! I had a SCD-777ES at merely half that weight and messed my back up a few times...
Williamdc,obviously the player is not for the light of heart and should require a strong back as well! I think that a friend may be in order for installing this one but as you said " I am interested in anything Thorston does" is also how i feel as well. I am hoping that a friend puts up the stratch and brings this monster in soon ( even though I will be the one who gets the lifting honours). Take care Dennis