What would you do?

I just received a pair of speakers that I have been waiting 6 months for delivery on. One of the mid drivers cone is dented probably because the manufacturer forgot to put plastic protectors they normally use to avoid these issues. My dealer offered to come to my house and replace the mid drivers in both speakers. Is this acceptable? Should I get a new pair of speakers? They cost me $50,000.00.
128x128elescher
Even if they are hand matched, the manufacturer should have record of this, and obtain drivers that meet the specs yours originally did. In which case they could be installed by the dealer. I would not expect two new speakers because one cone came damaged.
I agree with S7horton. It should be certified from the manufacturer that you are getting a set of matched drivers.

You could order another new set and have other more offensive shipping damage. Then what? I'm assuming the speakers are not that light or easy to ship...
It never ceases to amaze how quickly the members of this site will 'forgive' and 'understand' any outrage, screwup or lack of quality control, as long as the culprit is a so-called high-end manufacturer, and the MSRP is sufficiently outrageous.

$50,000 for a damaged speaker after waitng 6 months!!!
I wonder what the reaction here would have been if it had been a POLK speaker!

In the same vein, I have noticed that there seems to be a lot more problems with the high-end stuff than there is with 'mid-fi' equipment.

Audio is the only hobby where this is accepted. My Rolls Royce arrived with a cracked windshield?? Yeah, Right.

Return the speakers and buy the Polk LSIM 707 and get a BMW 5 series with the change.
Peace.
I would call the highest level person in the company that I could get to and politely explain the situation. Express your disappointment. Then ask how they would recommend fixing the problem. At a minimum I would ask to have a certified repair person install matched drivers in both speakers. And I would ask for them to guarantee in writing that the repair would be as good as factory assembled. That includes using the same solder, wire (if needed), sealing (if any) etc. and that the guarantee still applies. Maybe say you are discussing this will fellow audiophiles on line and this was the suggestion from them. You might find that the company might be much more willing to insure a correct solution than the dealer. Maybe they will even send someone to fix the speakers. I would not let the dealer touch them unless they are an authorized repair shop for the speakers and the company agrees that that is the correct solution.

My guess is that the company does not really want this type of publicity on the web and may well go out of their way to correct the situation. These are clearly not high volume speakers and bad word of mouth could be a real problem for them.
Rok2id seems to have it about right. 50k for a set of damaged speakers. How can you not be incensed?