Looking for a tube phono pre

Looking for a tube phono pre in the 2500 to 3k price range. Currently running a Sutherland Insight LPS. Using a PrimaLuna EVO 400 integrated and VPI Prime scout with Hana ML. I have a Chinook on order at Upscale but they are dragging their feet and I have read some reliability issue post with the Chinooks, so I can cancel the order. Anyone compare the Rogue to a Chinook? Thanks

128x128jmphotography

Well to my surprise a Manley Chinook just showed up at my door. They were not dragging their feet, they just had it drop shipped right from Manley. Its going to be a fun night.

Congrats!  I am looking at phono preamps as well.  Trying to justify spending around $2k for something to mate with my Rega P6.

@bkeske 

Telefunken smooth plate (Dynaco branded) 12AX7’s and 2 NOS Brimar 12AU7

Can you provide links to these two tube choices. Thanks

@tyray 

Can you provide links to these two tube choices. Thanks

The Telefunken's I got off of eBay I believe, maybe AudioMart. There are a few good re-branded Telefunken smooth plates you can find, and are usually a good deal as they are not stamped with the Telefunken logo on the glass. The Brimar's I got off of Audiomart by a private seller, but were origiianlly sold by Upscale Audio, and sold in their original boxes.

@pakatsuleas

I have owned a dozen phono stages over the last 40 years… starting at $200 and now with my Audio Research Reference 3 ($17K)… every penny you put into your Phonostage (assuming well chosen, not just on price alone) is worth it… generally up to the cost of your TT and if future oriented beyond. It is an itty bitty signal… carefully capturing it and amplifying it to line level is critical. $2K is justified…. Maybe a used ARC?