Audiolab CDT 6000 Owners: Share the Love + Need help with time settings for Pause

I picked one up slightly used ~ 100 hours but now have ~ 50 more, including many  hours with burn in discs. I am truly amazed at the value this transport represents. I have tried several times to set the pause clock, as per the manual; holding for 3 seconds then pushing the same button (#1) but the 20M doesn't hold. Help! 

Here's a fantastic review that is a must read.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=audiolab+6000cdt+dedicated+cd+transport+review

tweak1

Also, once you set it to “never” or “1-hour”, that setting is lost once you turn the unit Off/Standby.  The next time you turn it ON it is back to the default setting (15 minutes, I believe).

It’s tricky for sure

After pressing the button for ~ 3 seconds, it will start scrolling through the options, as soon as your see NEVER, release the button

IF THAT DOESN"T WORK

after pressing the button for ~ 3 seconds, immediately/quickly press each option until you see NEVER then quickly release, then it should not default to Standby

hth

Mine hasn’t defaulted to 15 minutes after I put it in standby.  I’m not sure I could duplicate this though so I’ll just leave it be.  I always hated the auto Standby feature anyway.

FYI: I was listening last night, pushed pause, but when I hit play it went into sleep mode (dark display) and wouldn't come out of it. I've had a similar issue with my comcast cable remote when the batteries are too weak. I use rechargeable batteries, so I stuck them in my charging device and took them out after ~ 10 hours. I had to turn the dac off/on, but then all was well again
hth

I have had the CDT6000 for a year. It's been skipping and just plain stopping on  known good CDs. Just started doing this. CDs are not scratched and it seems to happen around the middle tracks. Any others have this issue?