Upgrade Cart/Subplatter on Rega Planar 2 or Step up to Clearaudio Concept

Debating a turntable upgrade (currently Rega Planar 2 with Bias 2 Cart) and ROI of me either doing a subplatter upgrade (Groovetracer) and Cart Upgrade (Hana EL, SL or Dynavector 10 x5) vs. purchasing a Clearaudio Concept with Satisfy or Satisfy Carbon tone arm with either CA MC or Hana SL.

Is it worth $3000-$4000 investment and better for me to sell my Planar 2 or dump $750-$1500 into upgrades. Curious on opinions. Havent been able to demo tables side by side. Either way moving to MC I would have to get a separate MC phono stage. Currently use the built in phono stage on the MF M5si. 

Also open to suggestions as well as Phono Stage suggestions with either scenario. 

Current System:

Dyn X34

Musical Fidelity M5si

Rega Planar 2 with Bias 2 cart

Bluesound Node 2

uncrocco

Step up to Cleaudio concept.

As I learned about what makes for a good turntable my Rega the mod’s just kept piling up as follows

• Change the Baslance weight to lower the center of gravity
  • change the subplatter to a metal subplatter
  • change the platter to an acrylic platter
  • upgrade tonearm wire to one piece harness
  • upgrade the motor
  • change the arm to an Audiomods arm - amazing results
  • change the Plinth the a more robust plinth capable of keeping everything rock solid
  • add Bronze Cones for isolation

Knowing what I know now - I would have changed turntables long ago

Now I would select a Music Hall turntable - but the Clearaudio are excellent also

I use a Simmaudio Moon LP5.3 RS phono and have a Soundsmith modified Denon 103 cartridge - it is a great combo

Regards - Steve

Be foolish to not just buy a better cartridge for the Rega .

If you most listen to rock, it would be insane .

It would seem wiser to upgrade the turntable.

With a 4k budget there’s plenty of chose from, including other Regas.

For what it’s worth, I recently heard one of the skeletal Rega decks and was pleasantly surprised at how it seemed to sound like high quality tape.

Surface noise, what surface noise?

But there’s lots I haven’t heard recently - Technics would be another deck to look at as well the Clearaudio you mentioned.

I simply wouldn’t bother trying to mod the Rega, unless you wanted to change the motor, the arm, the platter, the plinth etc

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like a large cartridge upgrade wouldn't neccesarely worth the investment. Wish I could hear differences but I guess in this hobby sometimes you have to take a leap. Do folks think on the CA Concept I should go with the wood? Is that worth the upgrade sound wise? What about Satisfy black vs Satisfy carbon. Also debating whether to take packaged CA Concept MC vs looking at Hana or others in the $750+ range on MC side.