The problem with streaming

As I sit here listening to America Includes: "A Horse With No Name", I realized the problem with streaming. Who knows what source material you're getting with streaming? The album I'm listening to is a Warners Brothers green label. Sonics are absolutely incredible! The band sounds like they're in the room! 

Navigating the pressings to find the best one can be challenging but that's part of the fun of the hobby. I doubt the same care is taken when generating streaming recordings. You're stuck with what they use, thus missing the incredible texture of the best recordings.

Of course, great care must be taken to set up the turntable and match all components downstream. I find the effort to be well worth it! There's just no substitute for great analog!

128x128vuch

In many respects if you have a high quality digital setup with quality digital cables 

and high quality musical dac like a good R2R dac in many ways digital is superior to analog turntables the key is doing it right .many turntable guys spend $5-$10k $20 k on their analog matching that in digital reap fantastic rewards .

i have been there,but no longer have the patience in playing one disc at a time  When I have a whole library at my disposal and great setup between Roon and QObuz.

I'm sure if I headed down the streaming avenue, I would not be able to make u-turn. Erstwhile, there is a reason vinyl has enjoyed such a massive resurgence. It just feels good. There are many sensual reasons why we enjoy music. They all don't fit neatly into the "It just sounds better camp". Tactile, visual, pride of ownership and collection, and nostalgia all play a role. I'm sure there are others. While, I respect one's preference to a certain medium of presentation, it doesn't mean that I want to make that journey. I am perfectly content where I am right now. Does that mean that mine is better than yours. By no means, but I am happy. Maybe one day, when I can't see the album art as well, or maybe one day when I can't get up from the couch as easily to flip the LP, then streaming will become more appealing. However, right now I am perfectly happy getting off my couch and interacting with my pride and joy that has taken years to achieve . 

Streaming includes streaming your ripped CDs.  CDs vary by mastering in a similar way to vinyl.  The pressing is less important with CD but the mastering is massively significant.  Just like the OP hunts out the best vinyl master and pressing, the CD buyer/streamer hunts out the best master.  Hence the crazy prices for many Japanese and early CD mastering, before compression ruled the roost.  On Roon I will have upto 7 versions of an album to stream, all sounding different as all taken from different masters. 

Funny someone mentioned Deja Vu. From the time it came out, I always thought it sounded exceptional.