Does anyone know where I can get transistors for a 30 yr old Spectral amp DMA200?

Stephen Sank diagnosed the problem with my friend's Spectral DMA-200. There are several DMOS FET that are bad or about to go bad.  I need 4 DMOS FET model VN0116N5 or VN0120N5.  and then also need to replace 4 DMOS FET PN0116N5 or PN0120N5 that are probably near failure.  Total 8 pieces. Does anyone know where my friend can source these? Any help will be appreciated.

128x128chungjh

First, google those part numbers. You might find the parts right away. Then check Jameson Electronics on the West coast. Then ask the Spectral designer if he’s still alive or anyone associated with the company. Then ask Nelson Pass. I hope you’ve consulted Bill Thalmann in Springfield, VA, to do the work.

@lewm  or the OP could just get them from the first link that showed up?
(A testimony to the power of my 2 cups of coffee.)

Might try Electronic Goldmine.  I found a Capacitor there for my wife's old sewing machine. It was the only place that had one.

Chuck 

You or your friend might first investigate the possibilities offered here, and then come back if the parts cannot be found.  Someone like Nelson Pass or Bill Thalmann may also be able to advise about a modern part that is interchangeable with the needed part.  Such newer parts are often better than the originals.  What makes you or your friend think that the latter two transistors are "near failure"?  Anyway, you guys have to do the searching and asking.